Virtual Coffee Encounters
Grab a cup of something, relax and join a virtual coffee encounter as Rozalie and Christine chat with guests about surviving the Holocaust.
As a special offer, for your gift of $100 or more, receive a signed copy of Dr. Kokkonen’s book, Journey to the Holocaust: Anti-Semitism, the Bible and History
Dr. Susanna Kokkonen
Join us for a series of webinars with Dr. Susanna Kokkonen on Thursdays at 11:30 am-12:30pm CST
You are invited to attend an eight month series of webinars with Dr. Susanna Kokkonen. In October’s virtual coffee, Dr. Kokkonen will discuss the Biblical background of human history. Why did God’s perfect creation slide into violence and hatred? We will also learn some of the key concepts connected to the study of the Holocaust.
- Encounter 2, November 11th:
- Life Before the Holocaust: A Discussion with the Holocaust Survivor and Author Luna Kaufman
- Encounter 3, January 13th:
- Steps on the Way to Mass Murder: How German Society Changed before 1939
- Encounter 4, February 24th:
- WWII and Expanding German Influence in Europe: Events and Reactions by Contemporaries of the Holocaust
- Encounter 5, March 31st:
- Committing the Crime: From the Wannsee Conference of 1942 to Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Encounter 6, April 21st:
- Taking a Risk: Why and How Did Some Come to the Aid of Their Jewish Neighbors?
- Encounter 7, May 26th:
- The Aftermath of WWII: Displacement, Confusion and Fear in a Post-War World
- Encounter 8, June 23rd:
- Hope: Rebuilding Life and Purpose in Israel and around the World
With Hungarian child Holocaust survivor Dr. Zsuzsanna Ozsvath and renowned Israeli filmmaker Emanuel Rund.
First aired Thursday, January 27, on International Holocaust Remembrance Day
With Croatian partisan, artist, and Holocaust survivor Eva Deutsche Costabel and March of Remembrance USA Coordinator and Nazi descendant Claudia Kiessinger.
First aired Thursday, February 25, on Purim