Leizer & Rose Horowitz Scholarship Instructions
- To compete for the scholarship, you must register below and solicit at least five additional friends or family members to sign up as your team members by filling out the same registration form (forward them this link.)
- Upon submission of the registration form, the applicant will receive a confirmation email, including contact information for the designated scholarship representative at the designated educational institution.
- Attend the March of Remembrance Holocaust commemoration event on Sunday afternoon, May 1, 2022, at the Holocaust Garden of Hope in Kingwood, TX (Northeast Houston), where you will hear Holocaust survivor and Nazi descendant testimonies.
- After the event, the applicant must submit a response paper (2-4 pages, or 500-1000 words) addressing the following questions:
- What aspect of the March of Remembrance impacted you the most?
- How will your response to the March affect your actions in the future
- Submit the paper via e-mail to your campus point person by the deadline designated by him or her; a decision will be made by the awards committee at your institution.
- In addition to their financial awards, recipients will be presented with a certificate at the live March of Remembrance the following year. (2022 awardees will receive public recognition and a certificate at the 2023 March of Remembrance in Kingwood, TX.)
Submission deadlines and awards are determined by the scholarship decision committee in each educational institution. Awards will be based on the quality of the response paper and the number of team members.