January 1, 2020
At the Holocaust Remembrance Association (“HRA18”), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes our commitment to not disclose any of your personal information to the public as well as types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, and any other website owned or operated by us, (collectively our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy also applies to information we collect:
- when you contact us by mail, telephone, e-mail, text, social media or other electronic means.
- through our mobile applications (the “Application”).
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
- when you support us through donations.
- when you otherwise access our products, programs and services or communicate with us.
Disclosure of Information
Except for legal and regulatory requirements, HRA18 does not disclose any information about our donors and Website users to the private sector. Information about our supporters and others who access our programs, products and services is held by us in strict confidence and, except in limited circumstances, is not revealed to anyone else unless expressly or implicitly authorized by such individuals.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Application, including information:
By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”):
- About your usage on our Website, including shopping cart details; and/or
- Aggregate information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From affiliates and third parties service providers.
The information we collect on or through our Website and Application may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website and Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering on our Website or Application, registering to participate in an activity, requesting any of our subscriptions, posting material, and making a financial transaction, and may include when you enter a contest or report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us, including e-mail addresses.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or Application and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order on our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website or Application.
- Information you provide to be posted on public areas of the Website or Application or transmitted to other users of the Website or Application (collectively “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted at your own risk.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, opened an e-mail, and for other related website statistics like recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Information Collected Offline
When you contact us by mail, telephone, or other means to support us through donations, access our products, programs or services, or otherwise communicate with us, we collect:
- information by which you may be contacted, including mailing address, email address and telephone number;
- financial information provided in connection with your donations and purchases; and
- details of your donations and purchase transactions and other records of your involvement with us.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements;
- to carry forward and manage our organization’s activities;
- to contact you by mail, telephone, email, text or other available communication channels for the purpose of processing, facilitating or confirming your donations and purchases, to inform you about our mission, our activities, products and services and provide you with further opportunities to support and partner with us;
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and notices about your account;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, in any other way we may describe when you provide it, and for any other purposes with your consent;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, and other organization email and mail outreach.
Choice and Control
You are ultimately in control of the personally-identifiable information you provide to us on our site. For example, you can always change your preference for follow-up contacts by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our Website.
We have implemented measures to help secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored either on our secure servers behind firewalls or cloud storage provided by a third party hosting company. Any payment transactions will be encrypted during transition.
Information for Mobile Users
Our Application does not pull contact information, friends’ lists, contacts’ lists or check-ins.
Our Application does collect precise information about the location of your mobile device if you allow the Application to gather such information. We use your location information to provide requested location services, where applicable. If you choose not to allow the Application to gather such information, you have the option to manually enter a zip code.